Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 pro rata
Location: Hammersmith Hospital
Work pattern: Part-time, 2 or 3 days
Genesis Research Trust is looking to recruit an Events Manager to work on the organisation and running of post-graduate medical conferences. These courses are largely focused on the health of women and children, helping doctors and allied health professionals stay abreast of the latest developments and best clinical practice.
Genesis Research Trust (GRT) is a charity that funds research into women’s and reproductive health. It has a close association with Imperial College London. The Symposium Office is the educational arm of GRT and organises around 16 courses and conferences per year.
The post is based in The Symposium Office of Genesis Research Trust. It is a varied, challenging, stimulating job demanding the ability to keep lots of balls in the air at the same time. You will have sole responsibility for the administration of approximately 5 courses per year, from conception of the programme through to the day of the event, and the post-event evaluation and financials. It requires a disciplined, efficient person who enjoys taking a project from start to finish, paying attention to every detail and is happy to work individually or as part of the team
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with the Course Director (usually a medical consultant) to draw up the programme
- Organising the venue and catering for the conferences
- Inviting speakers and liaising with them about their travel and accommodation and presentations/handouts
- Managing the budget
- Negotiating with sponsors and liaising with exhibitors
- Being present on the course days and managing the speakers
- Evaluating the event afterwards and preparing the final accounts
- Providing ad hoc support to other team members in relation to the marketing and organisation of courses
A working knowledge of SalesForce CRM would be helpful but not essential. The successful candidate will be numerate, self-motivated and organised, with the ability to work under pressure. You will have marketing support but basic marketing skills will be helpful.
There is scope for expansion and development of the nature of events and mode of delivery.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Hannah French, Office Manager at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 14 May, 5pm