We are the UK’s premier medical research charity. Founded and chaired by Professor Lord Robert Winston, our funding supports one of the largest groups of scientists and clinicians working on prematurity, miscarriage, reproductive health and early pregnancy disorders in the world.
We are now seeking to recruit a talented Communications & Supporter Engagement Manager to join our small, dynamic team.
- Communications – work across all day to day communication activities including managing our social media channels, website and newsletter
- Media – draft press releases (often based on scientific research), sometimes working in partnership with the Imperial College press office, build and maintain relationships with online, broadcast and print media
- Promote awareness and build understanding of the Trust among our key target audiences. These include funders policymakers, the press and others operating in the health sector.
- Regularly post thoughtful, relevant content positioning Genesis Research as an engaged and key member of the women’s health sector
- Supporter engagement :
- working with the challenges and events officer, develop close working relationship with supporters and participants and identify and execute strategies to grow our supporter network
- deliver highly effective communications according to agreed strategies to maximise supporter engagement and income
- develop engaging, personalised, relationship building communications to our Supporters and to ensure that all communications contain accurate and up to date information
Key Skills required
- Strong communicator, especially in social media
- Top class writing skills – skilled at drafting press releases, stories and announcements
- Experience of supporter engagement; ability to lead and motivate supporters and participants
- Strategic thinker and self starter
- Reliable/good at hitting deadlines; organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent process management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Team player
- Medical and scientific knowledge a bonus
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Applications@genesisresearchtrust.com by 3rd October 2017.